|Type :||Series 1 Coupe|
|Colour exterior :|
|Colour interior :||Cream|
|Year built :||Red|
|Price :||€ 59.500|
1962 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 , 3,8 litre
We bought this 1962 Jaguar E-Type Series I fixed head coupe from the son of the (second?) owner. His father acquired the Jag in 1976 and the car has been in storage since the engine seized in 1979.
The car is finished in silver primer, and equipped with a Webasto vinyl sunroof. The engine is a replacement 3.8-liter engine. Further the car is matching # with correct and original data plate and body tag and the numbers-matching four-speed Moss gearbox.The car comes with some lose parts such as seats, center console, chrome and fittings as shown on the pictures.
– Fixed-head coupe, left -hand drive, Date of manufacture 2 November 1962
– Very original and almost complete ‘early’ FHC
– Needs complete restoration
– E-Type engine turns,
– Originally cream exterior over red interior
– Original dealer and distributor Jaguar Cars, New York ,USA
– Date of dispatch 10 November 1962
– Jaguar Daimler Heritage Certificate
A binder with some receipts, letters comes with the car. Areas of corrosion and rust-through are visible on the underside. It’s more and more difficult to find honest projects like this. The new owner knows exactly where he begins and how he likes to complete the restoration of this iconic model.
E-Type & Sports Cars is centrally located in the Netherlands in Soest. Near by Amsterdam and Utrecht. You are very welcome to visit us. Please note that we are open by appointment only. Please let us know in advance when you would like to visit us.