|Type :||E-Type Series 1 Outside Bonnet Latch Roadster|
|Colour exterior:||Opalescent Dark Blue exterior|
|Price :||Price on request|
E-Type & Sports Cars is very proud to present again an E-Type roadster of the first series. This sought after OTS is one of the first 80 E-type’s ever made.
1961 Jaguar E-Type 3,8 Litre roadster Outside Bonnet Latch (OBL) FULLY RESTORED.
This OBL was manufactured in June ’61 and delivered to its first owner by Jaguar Cars, New York,USA. First registration on 07-11 1961.
We are glad to have found some history of the car:
• It was lot #52 on the Rick Cole auction in Monterey, CA in August 1991
• It was also advertised in Hemmings Motor News of November 1984. The advertisement stated the car originated the car from Kansas
• A registration document dated 02-11 1993 shows that the car was imported in Europe
• Last registration in USA was ended 24-09 1993
• First registration in Europe 06-12 1994
• It was in in possession of two European owners for over 25 years after import from Oklahoma end of 1993
The car showed a very good driver quality in that days. After some years of driving and enjoying the car the last owner decided to bring it back to its former glory and gave the car a total rotisserie nut and bolt restoration. As can be seen in the photo documentation of the restoration the car’s body was in excellent condition and no replacement of floors/ sills etc was needed.
So this E-Type is still in a very original and good condition.The restoration found place in 2018 and the car was driven only 3.000 KM.
The technical condition is excellent as the chrome and interior.
This car is a very special one because of its color combination. The Opalescent Dark Blue exterior can be found on E-Types with several trim colours as beige, light blue and red for example but the White interior is very rare an made on special request. Only 18 3,8 litre cars were made with a colour on special request.
On the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate the color is mentioned as: White (special, non-standard trim colour)
• Outside bonnet latches
• Welded louvres
• Correct steering wheel with aluminum showed through on the inside of the steering wheel rim
• Matching #
• JDHT Certificate
• Original throttle linkages and air balance pipes
• EU registration
• Good investment. OBL’s are recently sold for over 400K USD
E-Type & Sports Cars is centrally located in the Netherlands in Soest. Near by Amsterdam and Utrecht. You are very welcome to visit us. Please note that we are open by appointment only. Please let us know in advance when you would like to visit us.
If you would like to receive more information or do you look for another car please do not hesitate to contact us.